Create Bootable Media with Acronis ® True Image for Crucial
Occasionally systems won’t reboot into the Acronis boot-loader. This will result in the system rebooting, but not going into the Acronis program to finish the clone. To get around this issue, a bootable copy of Acronis is required. Luckily, creating bootable media with Acronis True Image for Crucial® is quick and easy.
- Launch Acronis True Image for Crucial.
- Click on Rescue Media Builder.
- Click on the Simple option as the creation method.
- Select your destination. True Image requires roughly 500MB of storage.
- Click Proceed. Rewritable media will be overwritten, so make sure nothing important is stored on your device.
- A confirmation window will appear once you have created your rescue media and you will need to restart the system while holding down your boot menu key to pull up the system boot menu. This key will vary by system, so please refer to your system manual if you need help finding the key.
- When you pull up the boot menu you will get a list of bootable devices in your system, one of these should be the media used to create the bootable Acronis. If you are using a USB flashdrive for instance you typically will see the manufacturer name of the flashdrive or a generic name like “USB removable device”. If you burned a CD or DVD you will want to select the system’s CD/DVD drive to boot to media.
- When the media has loaded, it will bring you to a menu to select between Acronis System Reports and Acronis True Image, make sure to select the True Image option to launch the software. After the software has fully loaded simply select the clone disk option, and proceed to clone your drive.
©2019 Micron Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Information, products, and/or specifications are subject to change without notice. Neither Crucial nor Micron Technology, Inc. is responsible for omissions or errors in typography or photography. Micron, the Micron logo, Crucial, and the Crucial logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Micron Technology, Inc. Acronis True Image is a trademark or registered trademark of Acronis International GmbH or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.